In June 2013 we received our accreditation as a GOLD Healthy School by the Healthy Schools Nottingham Team.
The team recognised that Meadow Lane School showed a continuing commitment to improving its pupils’ health and wellbeing.
Our review of health and wellbeing was organised under the following headings:
- Leadership, management and managing change
- Policy development
- Learning and teaching, curriculum planning and resourcing
- School culture and environment
- Giving children and young people a voice
- Provision of support services for children and young people
- Staff continuing professional development (CPD) needs, health and wellbeing
- Partnerships with parents/carers and local communities
- Assessing, recording and reporting the achievement of children and young people.
We received specific praise from Chris Coverley- Health Development Officer
‘… you should be congratulated on the detail and depth of information given. Amongst lots of other areas I was really interested in your comments related to Playground Peacemakers… I still offer it as a type of conflict resolution to any school.’
And from Katherine Hibberd – Healthy Schools County Coordinator
‘ Your Whole School Review, in policy and practice development, has embraced your school community on many levels, which is to be commended.’
STOP THE PRESS!!!
We have just heard that we have now been put forward for ‘Enhanced Status’. This is due to our recent work, with the pupils, on Healthy Mealtimes as part of our Health Week.